Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Things I (You) Want to do...

Hello everyone....or probably just Mike for you are my most frequent reader.
I have been inspired by some other blogs I have been reading and decided to create a Things I want to do List....I am not going to put a finite timeline on them, but I just wanted to say them, write them, so in some way, I am obligated to actually see them through, my little bit of perfectionism won't let me fail this task....hopefully:)
So here it is, a list of things I would like to accomplish and experience. They are randomly ordered:
1. Go back to Capri where Mike asked me to marry him.
2. Go to Kyoto, Japan.
3. Learn to cook some different meals that are exotic and interesting.
4. Publish a book, any kind of book...
5. Write more.
6. Play with Sophia in the sand- This can be achieved when the Capuana clan hits Siesta Key!
7. Go to Argentina.
8. Regain my fluency in Spanish.
9. Drive up with my family to see Prince Edward Island, a place I thought about as a kid while reading Anne of Green Gables.
10. Climb Macchu Picchu with Mike and Sophia
11. Rent a house with the Pastore Clan in the Caribbean
12. Go back to Middlebury for more creative writing workshops
13. Shake Nikki Giovanni's hand
14. Run a half marathon (don't want to get too ambitious here)
15. Clean my closet out.
16. Collect more scarves--my signature element of style
17. Learn Italian
18. Rent a house and spend a summer in Italy
19. Keep all of my friends, thus get better at communication long distances
20. Make homemade pasta
21. Drink a cafe con leche in Plaza del Sol in Madrid again
22. Have my sister take me on a tour of her favorite places in Chicago
23. Fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans...(I'm getting close)
24. Read my grandparents letters with my Mom
25. Swim in the pool more with my Dad
26. Plant more trees and flowers in our backyard
27. Recycle every thing that is possible to recycle and not be lazy about keeping the earth green.
28. Go to the public library once a month
29. Learn to use chopsticks appropriately
30. Drink Capirinhas in Brazil with Mike on some fabulous beach
31. Teach Sophia to ride her bike


more to come...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice. I was eagerly anticipating your next post, as I am sure the rest of the blogosheare was as well. Is that even a word? I think all the travel sounds great and I am sure it can happen. Who will watch Maggie?

Unknown said...

Great list, you and I share some commonalities here sans la bambina. My list for you includes more writing like this, not only for myself and your other commenter but for everyone to read...

Kristen said...

Thank you for commenting
I love you guys!

Unknown said...

I will watch Maggie Mary as you, Michael, and Sophia travel around the world ;-)