Sunday, June 15, 2008

Tim Russert, One of Buffalo's Finest

I am sitting her still stunned and saddened about Tim Russert's, moderator of Meet the Press, death. There is something special about Buffalo, and I have traveled many places in the world and found that this place is incredibly misunderstood. Tim Russert grew up from modest beginnings and made his mark on politics, journalism, and writing. He never forgot his home, and he embraced this place throughout his many successes. I am sad for his family as no one should ever lose someone so young and so suddenly. I am also sad for this community as our number one advocate has passed away.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I too am saddened at the lost of Tim Russert as he represented a slice of America. He decontructed topics to an understandable level for most working class Americans and allowed us an insiders view of Washington from our family rooms. I enjoyed his Irish humor and sharp wit,enthusiam for the beauty of the day, love of his family and friends, and living his faith daily. I was able to connect to what he said as my background was very similar to his. Buffalo has unique and similar struggles as other communities have but it still remains a community that maintains pride in itself and those that come from Western New York roots.